Avro Lancaster NX611 "Just Jane" RAF East Kirkby

RAF East Kirkby Airfield, East Kirkby, Nr Spilsby, Lincolnshire, PE23 4DE, UK.    Tel:- +44 (0)1790 763207
BBMF

RAF East Kirkby opened in East Kirkby, Lincolnshire on the 20th August 1943 as a Bomber Command Station. It was initially home to 57 Squadron (RAF) and 630 Squadron (RAF).

The last wartime raid from East Kirkby was on 25 April 1945. 212 operations were carried out from the airfield. During this time 121 Lancasters failed to return. Another 29 were lost in operational crashes/accidents. 630 Squadron disbanded in July that year and its place was taken by 460 Squadron (Australian).

The station closed in 1958 and is now home to a small air museum, the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre, run by two farmers, the Panton Brothers, whose prize exhibit is Avro Lancaster Mk VII NX611 "Just Jane", which is now fully restored in memory of their brother who was killed on a wartime bombing mission.

Click the links below to view images of Avro Lancaster NX611 "Just Jane":-

360 Degree Panoramic Images           Photographic Image Gallery

Return to elevation360 Gallery

View this location on:-    Google Maps Google Maps Google Earth Google Earth

email with any enquiries!